Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My 12 Days of Christmas

This year, our Christmas time was unique, to say the least. After 3 months in Costa Rica, we were back for a visit our family and friends for 3 weeks. The next time we will be in the US will be in September 2014.

Every day, at least one of us had at least 1 visit with friends or family.

On the 1st day of Christmas (the 25th), we celebrated Christmas with my hubby's immediate family and saw both sets of parents.
On the 2nd day of Christmas (the 26th), we spent time with a good friend who lives in Chicago.
On the 3rd day of Christmas (the 27th), we dined with friends at 2 restaurants near my parents.
On the 4th day of Christmas (the 28th), we had an extended family Christmas with my mom's relatives.
On the 5th day of Christmas (the 29th), we spoke at a church and had an extended family Christmas with my dad's relatives.
On the 6th day of Christmas (the 30th), we chatted with my prior youth pastor.
On the 7th day of Christmas (the 31st), we  dined with my prior ROOMIE!! and went to a godly, holy, & hilarious New Year's Eve party.
On the 8th day of Christmas (the 1st), we rested & I had coffee with a sweet, sweet friend.
On the 9th day of Christmas (the 2nd), we had coffee and dinner with two dear friends.
On the 10th day of Christmas (the 3rd), we had coffee and lunch with three dear friends, and I finally got to see my sister (and the Hobbit part 2) & celebrate our final Christmas for 2013.
On the 11th day of Christmas (the 4th), we lunched with family and holed up near the airport waiting on flight information.
On the 12th day of Christmas (the 5th), we spent the day hovering between 2 hotel rooms and visiting/watching movies as a family.
On the 13th day of Christmas (the 6th), we repeated the events of day 12 and watched for our flight news. We did not head back to Costa Rica on this day, but we did enjoy our time with our parents & staying warm.

But I cannot forget all of our visits before the first day of Christmas.
On the -8th day of Christmas (the 17th), we arrived in the US
On the -7th day of Christmas (the 18th), we celebrated our anniversary, saw & hugged our parents, and visited our church family.
On the -6th day of Christmas (the 19th), we dined with my hubby's best friend & his wife.
On the -5th day of Christmas (the 20th), we dined with mission-minded & precious friends.
On the -4th day of Christmas (the 21st), we dined with my exercise-dance class-instructor & her son.
On the -3rd day of Christmas (the 22nd), we were with our church family and spoke of our ministry.
On the -2nd day of Christmas (the 23rd), we dined with family, I shopped with a delightful friend, and exercised with friends.
On the -1st day of Christmas (the 24th), I had tea with a friend and we celebrated Christmas with my husband's extended family.

You may notice that many of our celebrations involved food. It is wonderful to catch up over coffee, to swap stories over supper, and spend time with friends sharing stories and food.

How did you celebrate the 12 days of Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment