Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Growing in 2014

On the evening of the 2nd day of 2014 (also known as the 9th day of Christmas), I got around to reflecting on my goals for 2014.

I know for the next 9 months, my goals will revolve around our Costa Rican seminary. Their goals are our goals. Our work is on their campus. This will be the case until the end of September.

Then we will be back in the States, with many unknowns. We don't know what jobs we will have or what type of residence. We don't know what city we will live in. We don't even know what state we will reside in.

It's a lot of unknowns, but this is our time to dream.
Will we live in a city of refuge, working with new immigrants?
Will we live in a college town, helping international students?
Will we live on a campground, guiding church campers?
Will we end up in a tiny house or a house to welcome company?
Will we end up in a studio apartment or our own home?
Will we split a duplex or continue to rent?
Will I have a garden or no yard?
Can we make it with only one car?

As I reflect on my goals for 2014, I come up with several goals, for the next 9 months and beyond.

Goals for in Costa Rica:
1. Improve in Spanish listening comprehension, especially in church.
2. Even though my spouse is extroverted & I am introverted, talk more with people at church.
3. Bake breads & cookies to share with neighbors.

Goals for After Costa Rica:
1. Know where we will live (city, state, type of home).
2. Get a meaningful job that I enjoy.
3. Be hospitable.

Goals for 2014:
1. Memorize the Sermon on the Mount, then live it out.
2. Take time to walk outside, to observe sunsets, and rest.
3. Study, read, and live out the Gospels.
4. Study & implement what the Bible says about treating the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment