Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Erudite in the Christian Walk

You can check out the rest of this series hereherehere, here, and here.

Today's musing is based on the Divergent series' faction of Erudite and what godly traits can be seen in their faction. Once more, I wonder what Bible verses, books of the Bible, and people in the Bible would be favored by Erudite folk. What songs in the hymnal would they be drawn to? Let's jump right in.

Erudite's Favorite Verses:
Theme Verse: Proverbs 18:15 the heart of discerning acquires knowledge and the wise seek it out.

They would also like these verses:

Psalm 119:66 teach me knowledge & good judgment because I trust you. This would be their prayer.
Proverbs 13:16 the prudent act with knowledge, fools expose folly.
Hosea 4:6 People are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
1 Peter 1:5-8 Add goodness to faith & knowledge to goodness & self-control to knowledge & perseverance to self-control & godliness to perseverance & mutual affection to godliness & love to mutual affection. Possess these qualities to be effective & productive in the knowledge of Jesus.
1 Corinthians 13:2 You can have knowledge without love, but you are nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:12 In the future, I will know fully even as I am fully known.

Their favorite book would probably be Proverbs for its pithy wisdom or any of the history books because yay learning!!

Erudite's favorite person in the Bible would have to be Solomon as the wisest king of Israel. They would also like Jesus because He is the great Teacher who makes you think through your faith. He knows all things.

When it comes to their favorite songs (from the Nazarene Hymnal Sing to the Lord), I imagine Erudite liking the following songs:
Tell the Blessed Story (#695)-Teach me & I will teach.
I Love to Tell the Story (#696)-Teach me & I will teach.
We've a Story to Tell the Nations (#698)-Teach me & I will teach.
Tell Me the Story of Jesus (#205)-Teach me & I will teach.
Apostle's Creed (#8) & Nicene Creed (#14) These are statements of belief to study and learn. Who needs songs?

A Erudite Prayer: May I seek to learn more of You, myself, & Your world. May I apply what I learn of You & keep on studying. May I obey Jesus, the greatest teacher who lived.

I look in the Bible and I do see how the wisdom that Erudite values can be a godly trait. Maybe I should join them in their prayer to be discerning & knowledgeable like Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment