Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Well, It Depends

I love clear-cut, black-and-white, yes-and-no.

Yet when people ask me questions about my future plans, "Well, it depends..." keeps coming up.

My husband and I are in the process of becoming missionaries.

Where will you be stationed? -it depends (on which country we are placed in)

What will you be doing? -it depends (on where we end up and under what assignment)

When will you be going? -it depends (on how much training we need and how long it takes to raise funds)

How much training will you be needing? -it depends (on what we'll be doing)

How much will a trip be costing? -it depends (on where we are, how long we're there, and what we'll be doing)

How long will you be staying? -it depends (on how long they'll let us, with limited prior experience)

As much as I would like questions about my future to have definite answers, God seems to be getting immense joy from telling us to wait for Him to reveal His plans. Each "it depends" seems to bring a smile to His face, as one of His little girls is reminded to depend on Him, His timing, and His plans.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways submit to Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment