Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Intercession

We don't always have the words to pray. Sometimes I am able to find the words within me to express what I feel. Other times, I got nothing.

Sometimes when I have a close call when driving, the only word that comes out of my mouth is "LORD!!" It's not that I'm taking His name in vain or am blaming Him for the rain, ice, sudden stop, or other bad conditions on the road. That is the extent that I can pray at that moment. When this happens, I am reassured that the Holy Spirit is interceding for me.

I am thankful that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us when we don't have the words (see Romans 8:26).

I am thankful that we aren't restricted to praying with a certain posture, words, or number of people present.

I am thankful that we serve a God who hears and answers prayers.

I am thankful for friends and family members who pray for my husband, our life, and me.

What are you thankful for, in regards to prayers?

3 comments:

  1. Glad for no certain place or posture as you say. Glad that God is wherever we need Him & at whatever time. Thankful for no busy signals when we call on God. Thankful for answers to prayer - sometimes the way I wish. Sometimes the way I need but do not necessarily wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to know God hears. Love mom

    ReplyDelete