Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What's in a Niche?

What's in a niche anyway?

A niche, in general, is a recess (receding part of a room), a cubby, a nook.

To me, my niche is a place for nerdy pursuits and girlish moments. It holds my craft table with all of its projects, my reading bean bag chair, my skirt tower, and my desk. (I pretend that the laundry is not a feature in my niche.)


My Darling Niche


My Craft Table: awaiting its next project

Enjoying the niche


My niche is where I read, sip tea, sew, study (occasionally), and save notes written by dear friends. My niche doesn't care if I'm feeling girly and am wearing a pretty skirt; it doesn't care if I'm dressed down in my rattiest pair of pajamas. It's the part of my house where I can dive headfirst into a book and lose myself in it for hours, only to emerge on the other side of the book, reflective and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment