Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Nazarene World Week of Prayer

Every year, the Nazarene church has an event called the World Week of Prayer. Each day, a different world region is lifted up in prayer. There are six world regions in the Church of the Nazarene: Africa, Asia Pacific, Eurasia, Mesoamerica, South America, and USA-Canada. The last day in the week is devoted to praying for the Persecuted Church. (Statistics & links to each region's website can be found here)

You can find the prayer requests here.

For the year 2014, the World Week of Prayer is from March 2nd through March 8th, which overlaps with the interdenominational World Day of Prayer on March 7th.

I love this event, because many times, my prayer requests center around me. MY family. MY church. and sometimes MY country. But there are global requests. Being a volunteer missionary has opened my eyes to others' prayer requests. Each week, the Nazarene Church sends out the Prayer Mobilization Line. As a volunteer missionary, when I read the names & prayer requests of missionaries, suddenly they are more real, because I know them. I work alongside them. I heard them speak.

This year, I challenge you to pray for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment