Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Worship Song Example: Wonderful, Merciful Savior

My second example of a fabulous *worship* song is Wonderful, Merciful Savior by Selah which focuses on the Trinity. 
  • The first verse is about Jesus. 
    • Jesus is wonderful and merciful, and our savior. 
      • How have I noticed his wonderfulness? 
      • How has His mercy been present in my life?
      • What did He save me from? 
    • Jesus is precious, our redeemer, and our friend. 
      • How have I expressed to Jesus how precious He is to me? 
      • What does it mean to be redeemed? 
      • What are the qualities of being a good friend? Do I treat Jesus as a good friend? 
    • Jesus is the lamb that rescued our souls.
  • The next verse is about the Holy Spirit. 
    • The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, our Counselor, and our Keeper.
      • How has the Holy Spirit comforted me? 
      • What counsel has the Holy Spirit given me? 
      • What does it mean that the Holy Spirit is my Keeper? 
    • The Holy Spirit is someone we long to embrace.
      • Do I want to embrace the Holy Spirit? 
    • The Holy Spirit offers hope when we've lost our ways. 
      • When was a time that I lost my way? 
      • How has the Holy Spirit given me hope? 
  • The chorus tells God that we praise and adore Him. It identifies God as the source of healing and grace that we are hungering for. 
    • God is the one we praise.
      • What does it mean to praise God? 
      • How often do I praise God? 
    • God is the one we adore.
      • What does it mean to adore God? 
      • How often do I adore God? 
    • God is the source of the healing and grace that we long and hunger for. 
      • How do I show that I recognize God as the source of healing and grace?
      • How have I longed and hungered for healing and grace? 
  • The last verse is about God the Father. 
    • God is Almighty and Infinite.
      • What does it mean that God is almighty? 
      • What does it mean that God is infinite?
      • How does my life change because God is almighty and infinite? 
    • God is our Father.
      • What is a father like? 
      • How is God a perfect father to me? 
      • How do the errors and failings of my own earthly father color how I view God?
    • God faithfully loves His people.
      • How has God faithfully loved me and others? 
      • How have I responded to God's faithful love?
    • We are found by God in our weakness.
      • How has God found me in your weakness? 
      • How have I responded to God finding me in my weakness?
    • We are falling before His throne. 
      • What does it mean to fall before God's throne? 
      • When was the last time you fell before God's throne? 
  • I love the names and adjectives of God all throughout this song: Savior, Redeemer, Friend, Lamb, Counselor, Comforter, Spirit, Father Wonderful, Merciful, Precious, Almighty, Infinite, Faithful(ly)
    • What names and adjectives of God especially resonate with me? 
This song does an amazing job of worship God as it focuses on each part of the trinity. Even though "we" slips in as the subject occasionally, God is clearly the object of this song's worship and is predominately the subject too.

No comments:

Post a Comment