Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Water for the World

There is a wonderful organization (Living Water International) that is dedicated to bringing clean drinking water to the 783 million people who don't have access to it in our world today. That's 1 in every 9 people.

But what can we do?
I can't fly to another country.
I can't build a well.
I can't make a difference.

I'm not too sure about the first two points, but everyone can make a difference.

What can I do?

I can take the10 Days Challenge and commit to only drinking water for 10 days! Sweet!! I'll save lots of money! My bank account will love that. Umm...not quite. Step two is to donate the money you would have spent on other drinks to an organization like Living Water International so they can help others.

I can Join With Chick-Fil-A to help those without clean water through Chick-Fil-A plus one. I don't have a Chick-Fil-A nearby, so you may want to research this on your own.

I can Pray for Clean Water. Prayer is powerful.

I can check out suggestions on the Do Something page. I can find something that I can do to help.

I can use less water to shower, to wash dishes, to wash the car. I can teach my children why this is important.

What is the cost?
There are many variables that affect the cost of building a well. Some wells will cost $5,000 while others are higher than $150,000. But clean water should be available to everyone.

So I challenge you, what will you do to help get clean water to the people of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment