God cares about the small stuff, even about how we conduct our business. There are many commandments about how to conduct our business. If something we own causes damage, we are to make restitution. We aren’t to steal, lust after stuff, or lie about stuff we own that isn’t ours. What would it look like if we put these into practice? How would our business world change?
# 6 Commandments Concerning Business Ethics: When I sorted the commandments, I came up with 30 about Business Ethics.
1. We aren’t to steal and if we do, we need to ‘fess up and pay for it or return it. (Exodus 20:15, Leviticus 19:11&13b, Exodus 22:1-3)
2. We are to return lost goods (Deut. 22:1)
3. If something of ours causes harm to others, we need to make restitution. We need to take the initiative to avoid accidents (Exodus 21:18&28&33, 22:33&6-9&14)
4. We are to pay our workers (Lev. 19:13c)
5. We shouldn’t be envious/covet other people’s stuff (Exodus 20:17)
Parsons, John J.. "Taryag Mitzvot 613 Commandments of Torah." Hebrew4Christians. Web. 2004. <http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articles/Taryag/taryag.html>.