Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Utilizing A Schedule While Staying At Home

When staying at home for an extended number of days, it's easy for the days to start to blend together and for gloom to set in. One way to combat this is to utilize a schedule to add structure to the day.

Since I work from home, my schedule wasn't as drastically upset as other's schedules have been, but nonetheless, I have switched over to a stay-at-home schedule to keep me productive and enjoying life. So here are some tips and tricks of scheduling, even for those of you who are free spirits and resist schedules normally.

Tips and Tricks of Scheduling
1. Plan an overarching schedule. For example, I have a set time that I teach online every day. It's something consistent.
2. Plan something fun. For example, I typically love my afternoon because I work on my hobbies. They are scheduled events so my "achiever" side is happy, but they are fun activities so I can de-stress. I am even learning a new skill (playing the violin). I really look forward to my time to practice everyday.
3. Plan something unique for each day. I listen to a sermon on Sundays. I have an online Bible study on Tuesdays. I have e-games with various family members on Wednesdays and Fridays. These events are unique events each week and help me keep track of what day it is.
4. Plan margin time. When scheduling events, I plan at least 15 minutes between the different events. This allows for hiccups in the day.
5. Plan exceptions to your schedule. Sometimes, when I'm busy or behind, I start to delete events that can wait until tomorrow. It's okay. It'll be there.
6. Plan a Sabbath day. My Sunday is my day of rest and my schedule reflects that. I can choose to do my hobbies or bake a treat or just rest.
7. Plan activities with people and apart from people. I am staying at home with my delightful husband, but I have friends staying at home as single individuals. In either case, we can do some activities by ourselves, but do other activities with others (either in person or via technology).
8. Plan to get notifications to remind you what's next. My phone gives me all the reminders I need. 30 minutes before my next activity it sends me a notification so I can plan to wind down my current activity and start my next task.
9. Plan time for chores and other routine tasks. Budgeting and laundry will still need done, so set time aside to handle these necessary chores. Find ways to make cleaning fun. Speed cleaning? Cleaning Dance Party? How can you make it enjoyable?
10. Plan self-care. Take care of yourself. Pamper yourself. Eat a treat, but also go on a (properly socially distanced) walk. Open the curtains, even though they'll need closed at the end of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment