Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Christ the King Sunday

This year, in 2018, Advent is from December 3rd-December 24th. Then Christmastide is from December 25th-January 5th. Then Epiphany falls on January 6th. Advent starts the 2018-2019 church year. After Thanksgiving, we tend to rush into Christmas so quickly that we neglect the last Sunday of the church year, Christ the King Sunday. On the last Sunday of the 2017-2018 church year, we look towards the Second Coming of Christ.

Why is this day significant? Why should we celebrate this day typically squeezed between Thanksgiving and Advent?

Because, our actions show that we tend to forget that Christ is coming back to judge the living and the dead. We get so concerned with this world that we forget about the one to come.

Christ is coming. Is my house in order?
Christ is coming. Am I sharing the gospel with the lost?
Christ is coming. Am I interceding for the lost?
Christ is coming. Am I obeying His commands? All of them?
Christ is coming. Do people know that I am a Christian?
Christ is coming. Am I praying for my persecuted brothers and sisters?
Christ is coming. Am I praying for my persecutors & those persecuting my brothers and sisters?
Christ is coming. Am I praying for my enemies?
Christ is coming. Am I studying the Bible?
Christ is coming. Am I letting the Holy Spirit transform me?
Christ is coming. Am I loving God with everything that I am?
Christ is coming. Am I loving my neighbor as myself?
Christ is coming. Am I concerned for those without the Truth?
Christ is coming. Is my life different (in a positive sense) than a non-believer's life?

This Christ the King Sunday, I encourage us to read passages referring to the end times.
Allow ourselves to tremble for the lost.
Ask the Spirit to move us to intercede for the lost.
Ask the Spirit for courage to interact and influence those without Hope.

And above all, remember: Jesus is Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment