Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Where Your Value Comes From

My husband has an unofficial catchphrase: "Your value does not come from _____________." (Can a catchphrase be modified each time it's used?)

My value does not come from whether I hit my steps goals for the day.
My value does not come from whether I am caught up on housekeeping.
My value does not come from an empty sink.
My value does not come from how successful I am at my job.

Instead my value comes from God.
I am His child.
I am made in His image.
He looked at mankind and declared His creation very good.

If I get my value from an earthly, temporal thing or achievement, there will be days that I fall short and don't measure up. Then I will be devastated because I am not measuring up.

If I get my value from the God of the universe, then I can rest secure in who I am, because God doesn't change.

So say to yourself when you fail at a task, "My value does not come from perfection or constant success." But also say to yourself when you succeed, "My value does not come from this current success or hinge on continued success."

My value comes from who God is and who I am in His eyes.
God sees me completely.
God knows me fully.
God loves me anyway.

Get your value from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment